Hide & Seek - Eliza Redgold

Eliza is my crit partner. We didn't start working together until last year, which meant she'd sub'd "Hide and Seek" to Escape Publishing before I had a chance to read it. Wah!

I reviewed her debut novel, "Black Diamonds" before we ever met. It showcases one of Eliza's outstanding (no exaggeration) gifts: bringing the setting alive and making you wish you were there. "Black Diamonds" is a story of truffle growing in south west Australia. In "Hide and Seek" she takes us to northern Australia, to Broome, tropical resort, pearl town and all around definition of romance.

You'll notice the pun in the title :)

He thought he knew all there was to know about the birds and the bees, but he’s about to get schooled.

A little birdie tells Hope Buchanan that American hotel developer Sullivan O’Dare isn’t just in town for a holiday. As the manager of Hot Tropics Bird Sanctuary, Hope has more than a vested interest in protecting natural habitats.

Hope pulls out all the stops to convince Sullivan to come out with her to the WA bush, with its beautiful trees and unique wildlife. Surely the stunning scenery and a dose of ‘Broome time’ will show him what is at stake. But what is initially about saving the Sanctuary soon becomes about finding a connection. Could it be that Hope has finally found the bird of a feather to form her own flock?