Siren's Call - Jayne Castle

I have stacks of Jayne Ann Krentz's books (Jayne Castle is her science fiction romance name) and some are re-read favourites, like "Shield's Lady".

When I started "Siren's Call" I got all excited. The first third is jammed with new ideas and fantastic possibilities. I read on, really pleased that I'd be adding a new re-read favourite to my shelves. That the heroine has family (even if offstage) is a nice change to many of the LONELY heroines of too many books. I get that the heroine's isolation adds to the drama, but...

Anyways, the last third of the book disappointed me. I held off this review hoping I'd magically change my mind on that, but no. Chatting with someone else who'd read "Siren's Call" we both laughed hysterically, recalling the solution. Wait till you read it, then you'll get why.

So this was a good enough read that I finished it, but I did so disappointed. As much as I don't want to think it, Jayne Ann Krentz's books are no longer on my pre-order/auto-buy list. She has a lovely style, but I think I'll re-read her old classics rather than risk disappointment again...maybe some great reviews will lure me back.