I just sat up straighter, seeing one of my books in the list of people's to-read books, here, on my BookLikes dashboard. If I was a big-name author it wouldn't be safe for me to travel on public transport. If I saw someone actually reading one of my books I'd shriek! No, I wouldn't hug them -- I'm a big believer in personal space :)

The AusRomToday Christmas Extravaganza has started -- it has cool prizes and free books. I'm "it" today and being interviewed. I think I may have been hungry when I answered the questions, since I see a definite food theme to my Christmas :)

If you're somewhere cold, I'm going to tantalise you by sharing the cover for the first of three Australian short romances out next year with Escape Publishing. "Second Chance Island" is set on the Great Barrier Reef and is out Feb 8.

Australian romance short story

She’s escaped to a tropical paradise, but her past is going to find her.

Laura Robertson is working at a tropical resort on the Great Barrier Reef, biding her time and nursing her wounds when her ex-lover Phil Cooper arrives on Topaz Island. She’s betrayed him, broken his trust, and shamed herself. And yet it seems that he’s the one man she can’t let go.

She’s spent her whole life fighting to save the reef, and her time on Topaz Island fighting for her self-respect. Does she have enough fight left to fight for a second chance?