Today is such a good day! I'll line up the proof.

This afternoon I'm catching up with my critique partner and we'll talk, laugh and set the publishing world to rights, all while looking at the gorgeous Indian Ocean and knowing how blessed we are. Not everyone has a chance to follow their dreams.

***

"Dare" (my new paranormal romance collection) is free on Amazon till Nov 16 and people are downloading it. Yay! It's such a fun and varied collection of novellas and short stories. Angels, djinn, demons, old-fashioned fantasy quests. Loved writing every bit of it! and "ha!" to the editor who said no one wants to read a ghoul heroine.

***

Plus I have the cover for my December 17 release, "Demon Hunter".

I designed the cover myself *takes a bow, ignores the hecklers* and I think it's beautiful.

You can bleed and die banishing a demon, but Fay Olwen discovers there are worse hurts. Betrayed by the Collegium and by her father, she must build a new life away from New York. Leopard-shifter Steve Jekyll would have her build it with him. But loyalties are never simple and new love never easy. When demons are unleashed, Fay tracks the evil back to the Collegium, and now all hell will break loose because Fay will fight for the innocent, and Steve protects what is his.

Snippet

The scroll above the Collegium doors read, Serviam. I will serve.

Fay shuddered and tugged her hand free of Steve’s hold. Cold replaced the warm excitement of arousal. I will serve.

How could she forget? How could she think about herself or waste time dreaming dreams? This wasn’t about her life or her needs. She had a demon in her pocket, its scars on her spirit and a duty to complete.

***

And finally, I'm finishing up plotting my new steampunk adventure, "The Icarus Plot", and it is fantastic. Imagine the setting: the cellars beneath an abandoned, haunted bedlam in Victorian England. Somewhere the Metal Man lurks, a monster who steals children, and my intrepid toy shop owner and her earl (not that she's sure she wants an earl) are on a rescue mission.

***

Hope your Friday is just as awesome and we all have fabulous weekends!